As the number of eligible students for Free School Meals is used as part of the calculation for the school’s funding, it is important that if you qualify you complete and return a Free School Meals application form. Please return the application form to Mrs Sheffield-Cole, via the School Office. All replies will be kept strictly confidential.Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit ‘run-on’ – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get). If your child is eligible for free school meals, they’ll remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling (primary or secondary) they’re in on 31 March 2022.
If you would like to apply for Free School Meals please download and complete the application form (available by clicking here) and send it directly to Mrs Sheffield-Cole in the Front Office, or alternatively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application form has been processed, a letter will be sent home to inform you of the outcome. It is your responsibility to inform us if there are any changes in your circumstances that may affect your entitlement to Free School Meals. If you have any queries regarding eligibility or how the Free School Meal system operates at our school, please contact Mrs C Antrobus on: 01252 319211 or email@example.com
We operate a cashless payment system in the school canteen; those eligible for Free School Meals will have exactly the same account arrangements as those who pay for their meals. Free School Meal students are therefore not distinguishable from students who pay for their lunch.
Free School Meals will also have Breakfast Club available before school in the canteen, which includes one of the following, each morning before school;
- Toast x 2 with butter (cooked to order)
- Porridge (cooked to order)
- Bowl of Cereal served with 200ml portion of milk (Rice Crispies 40g, Frosties 40g or Weetabix x 2 portions)
Year 11 Free school Meals students will also be entitled to a free Pre-school exam breakfast. Where they will be offered the following breakfast on the mornings of their exams:
1 x bacon bap
1 x fruit portion – Banana, apple or orange
1 x fruit yogurt
1 x orange or apple juice carton
There is no requirement to use Breakfast Club but it is available for all Free School Meal students. The students do not need to use their thumb print, they are just required to take their chosen items from the lists highlighted previously, to one of the tills in the canteen and give their name.